Swedish Match develops, manufactures, and sells quality products with market-leading brands in the product segments Snus and moist snuff, Other tobacco products and Lights. With its vision of “a world without cigarettes”, the Group is dedicated to the improvement of public health by offering attractive alternatives to cigarettes with its smokefree products. Production is located in seven countries, with sales concentrated in Scandinavia and the US. Sales for 2019 amounted to 14,739 MSEK and the average number of employees was 6,270. The Swedish Match share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (SWMA). Swedish Match provides consumers with the best quality products with well-known brands. Some of our brands include: General (snus), Longhorn (moist snuff), ZYN (nicotine pouches without tobacco), Onico (pouch products with neither nicotine nor tobacco), White Owl (homogenized tobacco leaf cigars), Game (natural leaf cigars), Red Man (chewing tobacco), Thunder (chew bags), Fiat Lux (matches), and Cricket (lighters).
Legal Counsel to Swedish Match Group Legal Affairs
Group Legal Affairs consists of nine lawyers and assists the Swedish Match Group with legal services. We are currently seeking a qualified Legal Counsel to be placed at Swedish Match’s Corporate Headquarters in Stockholm. You will be part of a strong and experienced legal team that works closely with the company’s business units. In the role you will be primarily dedicated to support the Nordic and international business units present sales and expansion of smokeless products. The work will include traveling. As a Legal Counsel you will report to the General Counsel.
Major responsibilities include:
• Giving counsel in a variety of legal topics to the organization such as commercial law, marketing and competition law, privacy and corporate law.
• Working closely with the organization, evaluate risk factors and give proactive advice on legal issues.
• Working with external counsels in different countries to evaluate regulatory framework.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements and other legal documents.
• Proactively working with educating the organization in different legal fields and company policies.
• Monitoring compliance with laws and internal policies.
• Maintaining current knowledge of alterations in legislation relevant for the company.
• Sound judgement, integrity, and ability to analyze situations and information.
• Critical thinking, problem solving and ability to give proactive advice.
• Ability to work independently and concurrently serving several internal clients in various matters.
• Strong communication skills, fluent in Swedish and English – both written and verbal. Other languages considered as a merit.
• Pedagogic, team-working skills, flexible and service minded.
Education: Masters of Laws Degree from a Swedish university.
Experience: Five to ten years’ experience as a legal counsel in a business environment in a stock listed company and/or law firm. Experience from working internationally is a merit.
Values: Swedish Match’s core values are Passion, Ownership, Quality and Innovation. These values are present in our daily work and guides us to perform as a winning team. We look for candidates with the ability to identify themselves with these values.
In this recruitment, we are cooperating with von Feilitzen & Partner. For more information please contact Rosita von Feilitzen at +46 73 540 57 07. Welcome with your application in English including CV, personal letter, diploma/degree and class rank/grades to www.vonfeilitzen.se as soon as possible and at the latest on January 29, 2021. Applications are being evaluated continuously and interviews may be held before the last application date.